Monday, October 15, 2007

a good movie...

Today me and some of my very good friends watched Roll Bounce, the hit film starring Nick Cannon and Bow Wow. While enjoying this movie, I was reminded not every movie can be this good, it takes effort. So that got me thinking, how hard is it to make a great movie, this I had to know. So, I took the plot to the best movie I know, Val Kilmer’s The Saint, and I took the plot to all the other random movies that I enjoy and placed them into excel. The point was to explain to the general public that a movie such as The Saint is not just thrown together. It is not a set of random variables that just happened to mesh together in the form of perfection.

It went like this, I made a random number generator in excel and placed it by each variable. I determined that if the random number was greater than .5 that it was a vote towards the item in the first column, if it was less than .5 it would be an indicator of the second column. By my calculations it was a 1 in 1024 chance that the computer would create the plot to The Saint. Prepared to wait all night before the combination came up, I kept hitting the generate button. To my surprise, it only took me 11 attempts to come up with the right combination.

Thus, making the perfect movie is easier than I thought.

No comments: