Wednesday, August 29, 2007

economics of decisions...

This is part 1 of 2 part series on the Economics of life.

Generally speaking, my brain operates in perfect market conditions, no chance for arbitrage. I make all my daily decisions in accordance with the basic principles of micro-economics.

Micro-economics as I’m sure you are aware consists of a Supply curve and a Demand curve. It’s easy to make one right at home with your arms. Make an X with your arms in front of your body. Your left arm is the Supply Line, your right arm is the Demand Line.

You know how this works, where the 2 lines cross is optimal quantity at your optimal price.

But this is how I see it my mind.

My Dad wants me to mow the lawn. He has a strong demand for lawn mowing, this shift your Demand curve to the right.

However, I have a very low supply of give a damn. Since I don’t give a damn, my Supply curve shifts way left.

What occurs is a market inefficiency, and a pounding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually - if the demand in lawn mowing increases, and there are no substantial changes in the Give a Damn supply, then you should move further into AS1 graphics.

Mainly because the momentum U have - you cannot change Give a damn suply so you have to compensate it with the price.

Or...

By increasing the price, the market of gardening should balance - you will get paid and you will maw the lawn ;)

CHeers,

Tsvyat
tsvyatkor@yahoo.com